Mezzanine Floor Solutions for UK Retailers
Retail mezzanine floors unlock new floor space in your retail unit for extra stock storage or sales areas.
Steelgram Fabrications offer specialist retail mezzanine solutions for shops of all sizes throughout the UK, including design, manufacture, and installation on-site.
We have long-standing history of creating quality mezzanine floors for shopping centres and retailers across the country.
We offer a fast installation service with minimal disruption, taking you from an initial consultation, to the design, manufacture, and full installation of your new retail mezzanine floor.
RETAIL MEZZANINE EXAMPLES
What is Mezzanine Retail?
A retail mezzanine floor is an additional floor added to an existing building, but made from a separate steel structure. Steel mezzanines can be used to create additional sales space or storage options. They are useful for retailers with unused headroom, allowing them to make use of it without having to relocate. They’re also useful in industrial settings, with warehouse mezzanines offering extra storage and work capacity within a business.
Benefits of Retail Mezzanine Flooring
There are lots of benefits to installing a new mezzanine floor in your retail space:
- Extra storage – if you need extra storage but don’t want to have the expense of new premises, then a mezzanine floor is ideal. You can get extra space to store extra products and merchandise, helping you increase the number of customers you can serve.
- Larger sales area – if you’re looking to create a new sales area, then a mezzanine is perfect. This will help you as a retailer create new displays of goods, increase the number of aisles in your store, and make selling more products a lot easier.
- Better customer flow management – the extra space can allow you to better control the flow of customers around your store, taking pressure off the tills area, and taking the congestion out of existing aisles.
- Cheaper than relocating – relocating to new premises to expand is costly, and may involve paying penalties on an existing lease, so creating more floor space in your existing building is cheaper.
Retail Mezzanine Design & Construction (Meeting Building, Fire, and Safety Regulations)
Steelgram Fabrications will handle the entire design, manufacture, and installation process of your mezzanine floor, so you don’t have to worry about complicated project management or safety issues.
Our designs will meet all UK building regulations, fire regulations, and safety regulations. We are UKCA accredited. We will consider all safety features, including load capacity, guardrails, and access gates.
We fabricate your mezzanine out of steel, which is one of the most durable and sturdy materials possible for this type of building project. It can support heavy loads, and is resistant to fire, pests, and decay. It also allows for plenty of customisation.
Bespoke Mezzanine Installations – Minimise Customer Disruption
We will work with your to make sure the installation process of your mezzanine is as simple and hassle-free as possible. We can arrange a time to install that causes minimal retail disruption, so you can maximise sales without having to hault trade for any longer than necessary.
Our initial site survey will help us understand the project in more detail, and we will work to project manage the construction process according to our initial talks.
Is a mezzanine floor worth it for your retail space or warehouse?
Whether or not a mezzanine floor is good for your space depends on several factors:
- Space requirements – do you need more space than a mezzanine can provide? If you continue to expand rapidly, then it may be more cost-effective to move premises than to install a mezzanine that will only last a year.
- Cost – you should determine if the increased capacity of storage of sales space will provide a positive return vs the cost of the mezzanine.
- Weight requirements – if you plan on storing very heavy equipment or machinery on your new floor, then you have to consider if the load capacity can be handled during the design phase.
We are experts in mezzanines for the retail environment, and our operations managers understand the commercial issues surrounding a new build like this. Our mezzanine floor installation team can work with you to ensure the aesthetics of your new space are right. We can also help with racking, handrails, storage space, staircases, fittings, decking, office space, and other systems. Single or multi-tier mezzanine services.
The Steelgram team will be happy to discuss our range of solutions for your business, simply contact us today with your company information, and we can get started with the mezzanine for your retail store.